Embers is a place for fun activities for 7 and 8 year olds. She’ll have a blast with old and new friends using her imagination, exploring nature, gaining new skills and finding ways to “Lend a Hand” (The Motto) in her community.
Embers usually meet once per week for an hour.
Embers can try new activities like:
- Planting a garden and watching it grow
- Nurturing healthy friendships and managing conflict
- Meeting local women entrepreneurs or artists
- Building with basic tools such as screwdrivers and hammers
- Leading the group in their favourite game
- Learning outdoor safety and camping fundamentals
Find out more about Embers:
- Learn how units pick fun activities for 7 and 8 year olds and earn badges.
- Explore what she wants to do in Embers with these downloadable activity sheets.
- Check out the Discovery Badges – a special set of badges that help Embers and Guides discover women role models, boost their skills, and share their accomplishments with their community
- Order the Girl Guide uniform shirt and other special Guiding gear
Girl Guides of Canada changed the name of this branch from Brownies to Embers in January 2023. Read more about this change.